Our best storage tips
- Do yourself a favor come move-in time: List contents of boxes on all four sides. And don’t forget to seal boxes with tape.
- Place all personal effects or papers in a separate box in the front of the unit for easy accessibility. You’ll thank us later.
- Plan your storage space smartly. Place those items you may need to access often in the front, and allow for walkways.
- Sneezing makes moving miserable. Cover stuffed furniture with cardboard, blankets and shrink wrap to protect against dust.
- If you stand mattresses on their side, prop them up so they stand straight.
- Put small, expensive items like stereos, TVs and computers in unmarked boxes towards the back of the unit. Placing larger pieces of furniture in front of those boxes assures more security.
- Space saver: Furniture with drawers can be utilized as storage places for pictures, china, silverware and other small items. Wrap them in tablecloths, towels or blankets to prevent breakage.
- Space saver: Break down tables with removable legs.
- Space saver: Sofas and loveseats can be stored on end to save floor space. Always place a protective cover under the items on concrete. Cushions should be wrapped in plastic and placed on top.